Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The new Throne


This is where the user action will be occuring. I was not dimensionally sure what I would be getting when I ordered a urine diverting made in Mexico toilet from Ecovita, but this is it. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to adapt this to our household use. In the photo, the back oval is not a seat, but a diverter for women (or men who are poor shots) of urine to the front and into the urinal. We have some atypical uses, in that two of our family members are special needs.

I have several known details to address.

  1. Height-I figure I need 2-3 more inches for our special needs members
  2. A seat that fits. I am not sure how well our off the shelf oval seats will fit and anchor to this toilet.
  3. How should I handle the urine? There is a 1" dia hole in the bottom of urinal and I will need to get this to my former toilet base without allowing sewer gas back in. I want it to be easily detachable.

No comments: